Sunday, October 19, 2008

we'll listen to thunder road

although i am not sure if i am in the summer of my life, i am definitely changed since moving to california. i have seen the pacific. i was awed. people are right about that. there was a slight movement of my soul, hardened from heartbreak and cold weather. although i am not sure if this is the place for me, as i seem to have left my heart in chicago, my head tells me daily i am in the right. i am scared though. i am scared to fall in love with california. or maybe i cannot until the rest of me catches up with my head. i am slightly more than lost sometimes. i think about splinching, an unlikely harry potter term. i am splinched between here and there. and really, no amount of magic can fix it. i suppose i have to stay stuck a little while longer.

No comments: